Date:
10.27.2008
Time: 1:37 AM
I read dis post frm one post in a blog and part of it went:
"The documentations on my blog is certainly not an accurate illustration of my life. It's not that mundane. Probably too much is happening, and I just couldn't keep up.It's the same feeling for the various progess my friends are making in their respective lives. Which universities are they going? What courses are they pursuing? Double degree? Which country are they heading to for their tertiary education? Are the guys proudly serving their country or currently in the Medicine faculty? Which units are the guys posted to? What's their ranks? Are they now PES A or PES C? Are they still attached? Have they separated? Is there a class outing? And it doesn't help when your social circle has a circumference as that of the Equator. I am not complaining about knowing too many people, or boasting about how many people I know (in fact, I say how many people I know, and not how many friends I have) It's just that somehow you feel obliged to keep yourselves updated on their current status............And then you feel obliged to meet up with them and attend outings and gatherings. I don't detest most of them; in fact I do miss them sometimes. But sometiems you just can't bear to bring yourself to go meet them. Because you know that there would be awkwardness when you guys meet. This awkward conversation of inquiring everoyne about their current status. This awkaward conversation of revolving around superficial topics like, "How's life?", "How's uni?", and "How's NS?". A convenient question to fill the gaps of awakward silence, an open-ended question that has potential to prolong the survival of conversations, which usually fail anyways because the respondants usually feel the same awkwardness as well and will summurise their current lives within seven words. You ask an awkaward question, and you will get an awakward response.We know that, yet we still ask the same questions. We have failed to keep up with each other's lives. And not that we can even keep up with our own lives."Kinda leaves me thinkin dat i'm on exile on somethin...while i had some free time in camps, i always tk dat as little time as poss to call a few pals and catch up as much as poss on o' times...but usually to no avail, cos their phone lines r terminal...and often when the jackpot strikes, the first few line out frm my mouth will always b somethin like 'hey, hows things?'...whena few lucky fella start yakkin bout how busi their lives r, u start to wonder if gettin a meetin scheduled may b a feasible idea after all...its somehow lks like a sombre symbol of u yrself distancin frm the others (prehaps each other as well...)...somethin dat is startin to creep up wid each dae i served in the army...
one thing i dun desire is a person b'in juz a memory of o' times...and i dun intend to wait for things to happen...i had made all kind of things happen in my unit...gatherin a bunch of ppl to meet up can't b
dat dff...