Date:
7.01.2006
Time: 9:12 PM
Ceremonial Disater
Hi…2 weeks since I had not typed in an entry. Well, those time 2 weeks ago had been used on studying for my ST. Thankfully, those efforts nearly paid off…If not for Physics.
I just don’t know of all the subjects, why Physics happen to be the toughest, despite me preparing for this subject the most. The questions in this subject are very versatile and flexible, making even the simplest of physical theories sometimes a pain to master. However, the other subjects are simpler and were little problem, if any, to my road journey through the ST.
I had just returned from what I think was one of the most disastrous Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) events I had ever seen: the Opening Ceremony. Well, the Prime Minister’s appearance at the ceremony certainly upped my interest but after that, there was really nothing more worth of interest to witness at the ceremony itself.
When I arrived with my schoolmates (a very low attendance of only 6 students) at the National Stadium on that terribly, scorching, god-darn-HOT day, I certainly could see that the SYF had never lost its charm despite 40 years: LOTS of people turned up at the event. About 10000, I was guessing. Well, it had also been a long time since I last touched the grounds of the stadium itself: 6 years to be exact…The place was just as old as before, the toilets just as smelly and the crowds just as chaotic…okay, its also noisier than before, especially you had lots of young kids running and screaming around you when you are queuing for a cup of Coke.
The ceremony was not that bad if you want to talk about the parade itself…a nice imitation of the NDP itself. However, the annoying thing about the ceremony was that for some reasons, the ceremony’s producers decided to put a band competition right smack in the show!!! Imagine having to endure 5 consecutive band performances, all at one shot! If it’s not for the notably better mass performance, the post-parade segment of the ceremony, to me, was a total freaking disaster!