Date:
5.07.2006
Time: 11:18 AM
Political Sagas Ending On a High Note
Last week marks national history in the making as Singaporeans go to the polls. Well, it happens that PAP manages to win over SDP in the Sembawang GRC by a large margin (77%). Personally, I hold no views over this issue…I’m not a voter anyway! Singapore political parties retain what they owned…PAP was 2 constituencies away from a Clean Sweep again!
This week marks the week of NAPFA in IJC. Well. I did not happen to be in a viable medical condition (Good mates of mine will know what I mean.) and hence temporarily exempted from the test. I just act as a timer for the boys’ 2.4km run. Only one word could descibe the way the timing is taken: chaotic! There were so many runners running across the spot where the timing took place and I barely had enough time to take down all these readings! Wish I had had deliberately skipped PE (Of course I can’t!)…
Not much happening these days…well, I guess all the interesting days will have to come to an end somehow. Sports Day is around the corner but just mentioning the day will remind me of pretty unpleasant situations. In my previous secondary school, we would go to this pretty old stadium and sit under the extremely hot sun while watching runners complete their race. Toilets were barely accessible and our butts were aching by the time the Day ended because of the hard concrete we were sitting on for hours. Oh, did I forget to mention that scarcity of drinks and snacks were common? Well, I certainly hope that these bad moments will not repeat themselves in the upcoming Sports Day!
SPA is around the corner too and I am not going to take this very lightly. I mean, who will want to do badly for a national practical examination??? My performance in simulated practical examinations were not great but I am very sure that I am going to do well enough in the SPA tests to make an impact on the Science exams when I sit for them next year!
Be seeing you next week!