Date:
4.09.2006
Time: 8:12 PM
PW: Unlike any Project You have Done Before
It has been quite an exhausting week. Now that Project Work is in full swing, everything has now gone at a significantly accelerated pace! Just one word to describe this week’s routine: Exhaustive.
I went to the National Library with Jeremy and a buddy from my 0612D yesterday to get some initial research done on my Preliminary Ideas (PI). Man, the library has a humongous archive of historical books and references that are of great use to me. In fact, the research was done so efficiently that what would have been done in about 5 hours was done in 2 hours instead! Sweet deal! However, I still have my personal doubts about my PI; I felt it was pretty badly done, with little signs of creativity strewn all over. Good thing that this is only the first draft, rooms for errors included. Despite the 'advantage', I still have trouble generating good ideas! What a headache!
The Orientation Camp which is slowly but surely approaching is actually called the Leadership Camp (Whatever…), according to our teachers. A few days ago, we were taught how to belay someone down a mountain cliff because we will be doing rock climbing over at the camp. Well, for a first-timer, I personally had a few difficulties handling the ropes and felt weird wearing the harness attached to my waist. The harness looked more like a pair of external underwear! Nevertheless, I still enjoyed that experience for 1 reason: That lesson was held during PE, meaning no running for us on that day! :)
13 weeks have passed away in 2006 and there are still another 41 weeks to go! Man, life in IJC is sure starting to get very interesting…that is, if I can do without the increasingly hectic academic schedule.