Date:
3.31.2006
Time: 6:17 PM
X-Country and anything that can be worse than that
FINALLY I can rest on my own couch and rest from what have been one of the most exhausting runs I had so far! What can be worse? A 4.8km run, under the hottest of days, and having a PE teacher chasing after you helplessly, trying to push you forward! Even two 4.8km trainings cannot prepare me for what was to come! Man, you cannot imagine how relieved I am when I finally finished the run!
The run took places in one of the remote reservoirs in Singapore: Mactitchie. The scenery is awesome and make great photoes for my handphone. Initially, we waited for what seemed to be forever, playing simple games like chopsticks before our run, the JC 1 Boys run, commenced!
Naturally, the majority of the boys wheezed in front of me and I, with some other slow runners, jogged PAINFULLY through the errie forests of the reservoir's surrounding trails and along the road next to Lornie Rd which seem to stretch for miles! Just when I was about to collaspe, I finally saw the finish line and dashed with whatever last ounce of strength I posses before finishing the run.
If that run was bad, yesterday was worse! That was when we had another session of PE!!! Sigh...Naturally, the PE instructors call us to do push-ups, sit-ups and much stretching exercises with every 200m of sprinting for 2km before another 2km run! I am lucky enough to be still typing this blog because I guess I might have fainted by then!
All these exhaustive exercises............just for NAPFA.
Do post down your views on the PE routine in JC's. Thank you!